The Cleveland Chapter of ASMI is pleased to offer a one-day technical symposium on Alternative Energy, featuring talks on the energy industry in Northeast Ohio as well as a broad range of energy fields. This education event is organized for the benefit of Cleveland Chapter ASM members. However, we encourage ASMI members from other chapters to attend as well as welcome anyone interested in advanced energy technology.
- Date: Wednesday May 19, 2010
- Time: 8:00AM-5:00PM
Ohio Aerospace Institute, Brook Park, OH
22800 Cedar Point Road
Map to OAI
In addition to talks, companies are welcome to bring displays and literature highlighting their contributions to this and related fields. Exhibit area will be accessible during registration, lunch, and breaks.
- Overview of alternative energy and the NEO perspective—Richard Stuebi, Cleveland Foundation
- NASA-GRC participation in alternative energy—Joe Shaw, NASA-GRC
- Wind turbines—Larry Viterna, Great Lakes Energy Institute-CWRU
- Solar Power—Neil Sater, Greenfield Solar
- Fuel Cells—Rodger McKain, Rolls-Royce Fuel Cells
- Energy Storage: Enabling Alternative Energy – Raymond Evans, First Energy Service Company
- Education of next generation workers—Duncan Estep, Lorain Community College
- Nuclear Power Plant Performance—Jeremy Busby, Oak Ridge National Laboratory
- Batteries—George Blomgren
$100.00 per attendee. Advanced registration is required. Fee includes: catered lunch, mid-morning and afternoon snack, and a CD with the PowerPoint presentations.
Professional Engineers will earn six Continuing Professional Development (CPD) credit hours.
Click here for downloadable symposium announcement
Exhibits: In addition to talks, companies are welcome to bring displays and literature highlighting their contributions to this and related fields.
For further information, please contact:
Dr. Bradley Lerch, FASM
Tel: (216) 433-5522