Topic: The Cleveland Chapter of ASMI will be offering a one-day technical symposium on Materials for Extreme Environments. The symposium is the Chapter’s annual education event and provides Chapter members and other interested parties the opportunity to improve their knowledge and network on the current topic.
- Date: May 04, 2016
- Time: 8:00AM-5:00PM
Ohio Aerospace Institute, Brook Park, OH
22800 Cedar Point Road
Download map to OAI and local hotels
Engineers, sales, marketing, students, teachers.
In addition to talks, companies are welcome to bring displays and literature highlighting their contributions to this and other engineering fields.
Speakers & Topics:
1) Beryllium and Its Applications (Edgar Vidal – Materion Beryllium & Composites)
2) Advanced Magnetic Materials for High Power Density, High Efficiency Electrical Systems (Frank Johnson – GE Global Research)
3) Carbon/Carbon in Aerospace (Robert Bianco – UTC Aerospace Systems)
4) Ceramics and Ceramic Composites (Mrityunjay Singh – OAI)
5) Diamonds and Their Use in Electrodes (Heidi Martin – CWRU)
6) Refractory Metals – (John Shields - PentaMet Associates)
$100.00 per attendee. Advanced registration is required.
$ 20.00 for stuudents (student ID required).
Fee includes: catered lunch, mid-morning and afternoon snack,
and a CD with the PowerPoint presentations.
Professional Engineers will earn six Continuing Professional Development (CPD) credit hours.
Exhibits: In addition to talks, companies are welcome to bring displays and literature highlighting their contributions to this and related fields.
For further information, please contact:
Dr. Bradley Lerch, FASM
Tel: (216) 433-5522